Advice & Resources
Success Starts Here
As your business partner, Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union is committed to helping your small business grow and be successful. That is why we are happy to provide you the following information.
If you are thinking of starting a small business, or already own a small business, several free counseling and training programs are available to help you get started and expand your operations. Services cover all aspects of starting and running a business, expanding, developing business plans, marketing strategies and more.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - South Carolina District Office offers business development counseling and training programs and information on a variety of small business related topics.
- South Carolina Small Business Development Centers provide free start-up advice, training and counseling services to entrepreneurs and small businesses throughout the state. Supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives Association) is a nonprofit organization and SBA resource partner dedicated to helping small business growth through free mentoring and business counseling and low-cost workshops.
There are also a number of local small business centers sponsored or partially funded by SBA that help women and minorities with start-up counseling and financial assistance:
- South Carolina Minority Business Enterprise Centers provides free business consulting services and financial management advice to minority-owned businesses in the state. Supported by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- The South Carolina Women's Business Center is dedicated to helping women (and men) entrepreneurs become more successful in all aspects of their business, from start-up through growth and final exit strategies.
From getting a business license to filing your taxes, the following site provides the resources you need to start and manage a business in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Business Portal contains the resources you need to start and operate a business in South Carolina, file your business taxes, get a business license and much more.