2022 Scholarship Program
Palmetto Citizens is offering students an opportunity to apply for one of twenty $1,000 higher education scholarships.
At Palmetto Citizens, we're committed to giving back to our members and community, beyond just providing low-cost financial services. This is why we're excited to partner again with the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation to award TWENTY individual members with a $1,000 Pametto Citizens Scholarship!
Applications will be accepted online through February 1, 2022. Aplications will be evaluated, and scholarships will be awarded, by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee.
Access the online application portal to begin your application and see below for additional details, eligibility requirements and important upcoming dates for this program.
To be eligible for the Palmetto Citizens Scholarship Program, the applicant must:
- Have their own Palmetto Citizens membership account which must be in good standing. The membership and primary savings account (S1) must be under their own Social Security Number.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (grade point average).
- Be either a high school senior accepted on a full-time basis to an accredited university, college or community/technical college or be a full-time college student enrolled in at least 12 semester hours.
- Submit their official school transcripts and an essay (not to exceed 300 words) as part of the application.
Following are the deadlines and other dates associated with this program:
- October 1, 2021 - February 1, 2022: Online application available.
- Early April 2022: All winners and applicants are notified via the online portal.
- May 15, 2022: All winners confirmed through the online portal using the online verification form.
- June - July 2022: Checks are processed and distributed to attending schols.
Additional Scholarship & Funding Options:
The Carolinas Credit Union Foundation offers a General Fund Scholarship if you are not chosen, or are not eligible, to receive a Palmetto Citizens Scholarship. You are automatically entered into this General Fund Scholarship by submitting an application for the Palmetto Citizens Scholarship (cannot be awarded both).
Visit the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarship site for more information.
There are several resources available online to learn more about college scholarship opportunities. The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education is one resource for information on scholarships and grants available for South Carolina residents.
A Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) is another way to cover the costs of higher education. With an ESA, you can start saving early to take advantage of the tax benefits of this deposit account. Contact us today for more information.
2021 Palmetto Citizens Scholarship Recipients
*Applications will be evaluated, and scholarships will be awarded, by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation’s Scholarship Selection Committee. As a cooperative, Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union is a philanthropic partner to the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation.