Coronavirus Prevention Efforts & Account Access
The health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority.
We understand the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, continues to raise questions and concerns in our community, and around the world. To ensure the health and safety of our members and staff, All Palmetto Citizens offices have temporarily transitioned to drive-thru only for the majority of our services to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff.
Members who need to access safe deposit boxes, receive a new debit/ATM card, need a notary or signature guarantee, or to open a new account/loan which cannot be completed online or over the phone, should call 803-732-5000 to schedule an appointment.
Aside from our drive-thru lanes between business hours (Mon-Thurs: 8:30am - 5pm; Fri: 8:30am - 6pm), members can conduct most business and requests using our remote services, including:
- Online Banking: As always, you can check your balances, make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, apply for a loan, open certain savings accounts, skip eligible loan payments and much more, using online banking.
- Mobile App: You can also use our mobile app to view balances, deposit checks,* make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, skip an eligible loan payment and more.
- ATMs: We have over 40 ATMs across the Midlands for your convenience, which also accept cash and check deposits. In addition, members have access to over 30,000 ATMs across the country using the CO-OP ATM Network.
- Automated Phone Service: Access your account using TellerLine, our automated phone response service by calling 803-256-4073.
- Call Center: During business hours, members can also call us at 803-732-5000 for assistance with your account(s) and answer any questions you may have.
We're Here To Help
Please know, Palmetto Citizens will continue to be here to assist you and your financial needs. If you are experiencing any hardships during this time, please contact us to find out how we can best assist you. We have also implemented the following changes to assist our members:
- Late Loan Payment Fees Waived: We will not charge a fee on late loan payments made between 3/23 - 5/31/2020 on vehicle loans, mortgage loans, personal loans or equity loans.
- Visa Skip a Payment Options & No Late Payment Fees: Members with a PCFCU Visa Credit Card will be able to skip their payments due in May and June, if they want.** To do so, no action will be required. In addition, no late fees will be charged on Visas between 4/6 - 5/31.
- Skip a Payment in Online/Mobile Banking: We have temporarily removed the fee for members to skip an eligible loan payment through online/mobile banking. To check your eligibility, or to perform your skip, log into your account online or with our app and choose ‘Skip a Payment’ from the menu. As this feature doesn’t cover all loans or situations, please contact us to discuss all the options available for you and your loan.
- Loan Payment Extensions & Other Assistance: If you need any financial assistance or guidance regarding your loan with Palmetto Citizens, or any financial matter, please contact us to discuss the ways we can help. To contact us, log into your account online or with our app and send a message using the Help Desk or call us at 803-732-5000.
We encourage you to follow the CDC’s Recommendations for preventing the spread of this and other infectious viruses. If you are not feeling well, we ask that you please avoid visiting our office and instead take advantage of the resources listed above to manage your accounts or to contact us.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to monitor it closely. Please know, our number one concern is the safety and health of our members and staff. If we need to make any further adjustments or announcements, we will update our members as needed.
To get the latest information on Coronavirus, please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
Strength & Security of Our Credit Union
In light of recent economic developments and concerns regarding COVID-19, you may have questions concerning the security of your funds and the overall strength of our credit union. You can be confident Palmetto Citizens is well-capitalized and continues to operate in a safe and secure manner.
Funds deposited in our credit union are federally insured by a fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures savings of at least up to $250,000 per individual depositor. The NCUSIF is administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. For more information, click here.
Beware of Scams
Please be aware that fraudsters often follow the news headlines and will create scams related to COVID-19. As always, be cautious of suspicious emails, text messages or phone calls that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. For more information, please visit our Coronavirus-Related Scams Page.
*For eligible members. **Certain restrictions may apply. Contact a representative for more details.