COVID-19 Update: Lobbies Open & Remote Service Options
The health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority.
Our lobbies are open during business hours with safety measures in place, including requiring all visitors to wear a mask, to help protect you and our staff. As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, online/mobile banking, our drive-thru lanes, ATMs, automated phone service (803-256-4073) and/or our Call Center (803-732-5000) are the safest ways to perform most of your transactions or requests.
If you do need to visit one of our offices, we are open for you with the following safety precautions:
- Mask Requirement: A mask or face covering is required to enter any of our offices. If you're not wearing a mask, you will be required to use the drive-thru or one of our remote services. PCFCU will not be providing masks to visitors.
- Show Us Your ID: You must present us with your unexpired Driver’s License or other acceptable picture ID in order to enter. You’ll be asked to briefly remove your mask from covering your face so we can verify your identity.
- Limit the Number in Your Party: As we're limiting the number of people inside at one time, only those conducting business will be permitted inside. Those not needed to perform a transaction should wait outside.
- Practice Social Distancing: We've installed protective equipment to protect both you and our staff. We ask that you still maintain 6 feet from others while inside our offices and practice proper hygiene prior to visiting.
Please DO NOT ENTER our offices if you are not feeling well (including having a fever, dry cough, muscle aches or other flu-like symptoms) or if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or been in close contact with anyone who has been, in the past 14 days.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. As this situation continues to evolve, please check back to this page for the most up-to-date information.
Aside from our lobbies and drive-thru lanes during business hours, the following services are also available to you:
- Online Banking: Check balances, make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, apply for a loan, open certain savings accounts, skip eligible loan payments and much more, using online banking.
- Mobile App: Use our mobile app to view balances, deposit checks,* make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, skip an eligible loan payment and more.
- ATMs: We have over 40 ATMs across the Midlands which accept cash and check deposits. In addition, members have access to over 30,000 ATMs across the country using the CO-OP ATM Network.
- Automated Phone Service: Access your account using TellerLine, our automated phone response service by calling 803-256-4073.
- Call Center: During business hours, you can call us at 803-732-5000 for account assistance or to answer any questions you may have.
- Membership Application: If you'd like to become a Palmetto Citizens member, you can begin your membership application online to open your initial savings account.
- Loan Application: You can apply online for your next vehicle loan, mortgage, equity loan, credit card or other personal loan.
If you have any questions about how to best perform your transaction or request, please contact us by calling 803-732-5000 or sending a message using the Help Desk in online/mobile banking.
Palmetto Citizens is here to assist you and your financial needs. If you're experiencing any hardships during this time, please contact us to find out how we can best assist you.
In additon to our staff offering you personalized assistance with your loan payments or other financial needs, Palmetto Citizens members also have access to the following services:
- Skip a Payment in Online/Mobile Banking: Members can skip an eligible loan payment through online/mobile banking for a $35 fee. To check your eligibility, log in and choose ‘Skip a Payment’ from the menu. As this feature doesn’t cover all loans or situations, please contact us to discuss all the options available for you and your loan.
- Free Financial Counseling: All members have free access to GreenPath Financial Wellness, a money management and financial counseling service. Certified financial counselors are available to assist you with a variety of financial needs.
- Financial Education Center: Use our Financial Education Center to expand your financial knowledge on a variety of topics, including: budgeting, saving, wise use of credit and retirement plannning.
- Money Desktop: All members have access to this easy-to-use, helpful tool to assist you with budgeting, account aggregation, auto-categorization of transactions and debt management. Log into online or mobile banking and select Money Desktop from the menu to get started.
If you have any quesitons, or if we can assist you with any of your financial needs or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by visiting one of our 14 Midlands locations (mask and ID required to enter), sending a message through the Help Desk in online/mobile banking or calling 803-732-5000.
Next Round of Economic Impact Payments
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has begun issuing the third round of Economic Impact Payments, also known as stimulus payments. Palmetto Citizens is processing these deposits as we receive them and members who've provided their direct deposit information to the IRS for their PCFCU account started to receive their payments as early as 3/12/21. For more information, please visit the IRS website or our Economic Impact Payments Page.
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 31ST: Palmetto Citizens is again accepting loan applications for the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).
The SBA is accepting applications from eligible businesses, including those who have received PPP funding during previous rounds of the program. We will accept and process completed applications until the 5/31/21 deadline, or until funds are no longer available.
Contact us to apply or visit the SBA’s PPP website for more information.
Beware of Scams
Please be aware that fraudsters often follow the news headlines and will create scams related to COVID-19. As always, be cautious of suspicious emails, text messages or phone calls that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. For more information, please visit our Coronavirus-Related Scams Page.
Strength & Security of Our Credit Union
In light of economic developments and concerns regarding COVID-19, you may have questions about the security of your funds and overall strength of our credit union. You can be confident Palmetto Citizens is well-capitalized and continues to operate in a safe and secure manner.
Funds deposited in our credit union are federally insured by a fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures savings of at least up to $250,000 per individual depositor. The NCUSIF is administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. For more details, click here.
COVID-19 Community Relief
With the outbreak of Coronavirus, many organizations are doing important work to assist and care for those impacted in our community. To further help our community during this difficult time, Palmetto Citizens has made additional donations to the following organizations to assist them and their COVID-19 relief efforts: Harvest Hope Food Bank, Prisma Health Midlands Foundation, Lexington Medical Center Foundation and United Way of Kershaw County. For more information on our community relations efforts, please visit our Community Page.
*For eligible members.