COVID-19 Update: Lobbies Open & Remote Service Options
The health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority.
At this time, our lobbies are open with safety measures in place, including requiring all visitors to wear a mask, to help protect you and our staff. As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, our drive-thru lanes, online/mobile banking, ATMs, automated phone service (803-256-4073) and/or our Call Center (803-732-5000) are the safest way to perform most of your transactions or requests.
If you do need to visit one of our offices, our lobbies are open with the following safety precautions:
- Mask Requirement: A mask or face covering is required to enter any Palmetto Citizens office. If you're not wearing a mask, you will be required to use the drive-thru or one of our remote services. PCFCU will not be providing masks to visitors.
- Show Us Your ID: You must present us with your unexpired Driver’s License or other acceptable picture ID in order to enter. You’ll be asked to briefly remove your mask from covering your face so we can verify your identity.
- Limit the Number in Your Party: As we are limiting the number of people inside our offices at one time, only those conducting business will be permitted inside. Those not needed to perform a transaction should wait outside the building.
- Practice Social Distancing: We have installed protective equipment in our offices to protect both you and our staff. We ask that you still maintain 6 feet from others while inside our offices and practice proper hygiene prior to visiting.
Please DO NOT ENTER our offices if you are not feeling well (including having a fever, dry cough, muscle aches or other flu-like symptoms) or if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or been in close contact with anyone who has been, in the past 14 days.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process. As this situation continues to evolve, please check back to this page for the most up-to-date information. We look forward to safely serving you again soon.
Aside from our lobbies and drive-thru lanes during business hours, the following services are also available to you:
- Online Banking: Check balances, make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, apply for a loan, open certain savings accounts, skip eligible loan payments and much more, using online banking.
- Mobile App: Use our mobile app to view balances, deposit checks,* make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, skip an eligible loan payment and more.
- ATMs: We have over 40 ATMs across the Midlands which accept cash and check deposits. In addition, members have access to over 30,000 ATMs across the country using the CO-OP ATM Network.
- Automated Phone Service: Access your account using TellerLine, our automated phone response service by calling 803-256-4073.
- Call Center: During business hours, you can call us at 803-732-5000 for account assistance or to answer any questions you may have.
- Membership Application: If you would like to become a Palmetto Citizens member, you can begin your membership application online to open your initial savings account.
- Loan Application: You can apply online for your next vehicle loan, mortgage, equity loan, credit card or other personal loan.
If you have any questions about how to best perform your transaction or request, please contact us by calling 803-732-5000 or sending a message using the Help Desk in online/mobile banking.
Please know, Palmetto Citizens is here to assist you and your financial needs. If you are experiencing any hardships during this time, please contact us to find out how we can best assist you. We have also implemented the following changes to assist our members:
- Late Loan Payment Fees Waived: We will not charge a fee on late loan payments made between 3/23 - 9/30/2020 on vehicle loans, credit cards, personal loans, mortgage loans or equity loans.
- Skip a Payment in Online/Mobile Banking: We've temporarily removed the fee to skip an eligible loan payment through online/mobile banking. To check your eligibility, log in and choose ‘Skip a Payment’ from the menu. As this feature doesn’t cover all loans or situations, please contact us to discuss all the options available for you and your loan.
- Loan Payment Extensions & Other Assistance: If you need any financial assistance or guidance regarding your loan with Palmetto Citizens, or any financial matter, please contact us to discuss the ways we can help. To contact us, log into your account online or with our app and send a message using the Help Desk or call us at 803-732-5000.
- Term Certificate Early Withdrawal Penalty Waived: Until further notice, we've also temporarily removed the penalty fee for withdrawaling the funds for your term certificate prior to its maturity date. Contact us for more information.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to monitor it closely. Please know, our number one concern is the safety and health of our members and staff. To get the latest information on the Coronavirus, please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
The deadline for this program was August 8, 2020. If any additional Small Business Administration loan programs are approved by the Federal Governent, Palmetto Citizens will again be accepting applications. Please check back for the most recent information. If your small business would like to apply for another type of loan, please contact us at (803) 251-4554 or by email.
Information Regarding Coins
As you may have heard, there are low supplies of coins throughout the country related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, Palmetto Citizens is making our self-service coin counters available to everyone at no cost. Our coin counting machines, which are located in each of our lobbies, are always free to our members with personal accounts. We've also temporarily removed the fee for small businesses and those who do not bank with Palmetto Citizens to use this service. If you have any change you'd like to cash in, visit one of our 14 Midlands locations during business hours to exchange your coins for cash or deposit them directly into your Palmetto Citizens account.
Beware of Scams
Please be aware that fraudsters often follow the news headlines and will create scams related to COVID-19. As always, be cautious of suspicious emails, text messages or phone calls that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. For more information, please visit our Coronavirus-Related Scams Page.
Strength & Security of Our Credit Union
In light of economic developments and concerns regarding COVID-19, you may have questions about the security of your funds and overall strength of our credit union. You can be confident Palmetto Citizens is well-capitalized and continues to operate in a safe and secure manner.
Funds deposited in our credit union are federally insured by a fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures savings of at least up to $250,000 per individual depositor. The NCUSIF is administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. For more details, click here.
COVID-19 Community Relief
With the outbreak of Coronavirus, many organizations are doing important work to assist and care for those impacted in our community. To further help our community during this difficult time, Palmetto Citizens has made additional donations to the following organizations to assist them and their COVID-19 relief efforts: Harvest Hope Food Bank, Prisma Health Midlands Foundation, Lexington Medical Center Foundation and United Way of Kershaw County. For more information on our community relations efforts, please visit our Community Page.
*For eligible members. **No action is required to skip the May and/or June Visa payment(s). You account must be in good standing to be eligible for any payment skip. If you have an automatic payment set up, the draft will still occur unless you contact the financial institution where the payment is originating. Finance charges will continue to accrue. Certain other restrictions may apply. Contact a representative for more details.