Coronavirus Prevention Efforts & Account Access
The health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority.
As the Coronavirus continues to impact our community, our offices have temporarily transitioned to drive-thru only for most services to ensure the health and safety of our members and staff. Members needing assistance which cannot be completed online or over the phone should call 803-732-5000 to schedule an appointment. You can also begin your membership application or apply for a loan online.
Aside from our drive-thru lanes between business hours (Mon-Thurs: 8:30am - 5pm; Fri: 8:30am - 6pm), members can use our:
- Online Banking: Check your balances, make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, apply for a loan, open certain savings accounts, skip eligible loan payments and much more, using online banking.
- Mobile App: Use our mobile app to view balances, deposit checks,* make transfers or loan payments, send us secure messages, skip an eligible loan payment and more.
- ATMs: We have over 40 ATMs across the Midlands, which also accept cash and check deposits. In addition, members have access to over 30,000 ATMs across the country using the CO-OP ATM Network.
- Automated Phone Service: Access your account using TellerLine, our automated phone response service by calling 803-256-4073.
- Call Center: During business hours, you can call us at 803-732-5000 for account assistance or to answer any questions you may have.
Please know, Palmetto Citizens will continue to be here to assist you and your financial needs. If you are experiencing any hardships during this time, please contact us to find out how we can best assist you. We have also implemented the following changes to assist our members:
- Late Loan Payment Fees Waived: We will not charge a fee on late loan payments made between 3/23 - 6/30/2020 on vehicle loans, mortgage loans, personal loans or equity loans.
- Visa Skip a Payment Options & No Late Payment Fees: Members with a PCFCU Visa Credit Card can skip their payments due in May and June, if they want.** To do so, no action will be required. In addition, no late fees will be charged on Visas between 4/6 - 6/30.
- Skip a Payment in Online/Mobile Banking: We've temporarily removed the fee to skip an eligible loan payment through online/mobile banking. To check your eligibility, log in and choose ‘Skip a Payment’ from the menu. As this feature doesn’t cover all loans or situations, please contact us to discuss all the options available for you and your loan.
- Loan Payment Extensions & Other Assistance: If you need any financial assistance or guidance regarding your loan with Palmetto Citizens, or any financial matter, please contact us to discuss the ways we can help. To contact us, log into your account online or with our app and send a message using the Help Desk or call us at 803-732-5000.
As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to monitor it closely. Please know, our number one concern is the safety and health of our members and staff. To get the latest information on Coronavirus, please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
Economic Impact Payments
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has begun issuing the Economic Impact Payments. Palmetto Citizens is processing these deposits as we receive them and members who have provided their direct deposit information to the IRS for their PCFCU account started to receive their payments as early as 4/14. These payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and/or 2019 as well as most seniors and retirees. To verify, update or provide your direct deposit information, visit the IRS 'Get My Payment' Online Portal. For more information, please visit our Economic Impact Payments Page.
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
UPDATE AS OF 4/29/2020: Palmetto Citizens is accepting applications for the Small Business Administration's (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). If your small business would like to apply for PPP, please contact us to begin your application. If you do not already have your business account(s) with PCFCU, you will first need to complete a membership application. We will continue to process PPP applications as long as SBA funds are available.
Beware of Scams
Please be aware that fraudsters often follow the news headlines and will create scams related to COVID-19. As always, be cautious of suspicious emails, text messages or phone calls that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. For more information, please visit our Coronavirus-Related Scams Page.
Strength & Security of Our Credit Union
In light of economic developments and concerns regarding COVID-19, you may have questions about the security of your funds and overall strength of our credit union. You can be confident Palmetto Citizens is well-capitalized and continues to operate in a safe and secure manner.
Funds deposited in our credit union are federally insured by a fund backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures savings of at least up to $250,000 per individual depositor. The NCUSIF is administered by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government. For more details, click here.
COVID-19 Community Relief
With the outbreak of Coronavirus, many organizations are doing important work to assist and care for those impacted in our community. To further help our community during this difficult time, Palmetto Citizens has made additional donations to the following organizations to assist them and their COVID-19 relief efforts: Harvest Hope Food Bank, Prisma Health Midlands Foundation, Lexington Medical Center Foundation and United Way of Kershaw County. For more information on our community relations efforts, please visit our Community Page.
*For eligible members. **No action is required to skip the May and/or June Visa payment(s). You account must be in good standing to be eligible for any payment skip. If you have an automatic payment set up, the draft will still occur unless you contact the financial institution where the payment is originating. Finance charges will continue to accrue. Certain other restrictions may apply. Contact a representative for more details.